Welcome to C1 Boarding House
C1, situated at the southern end of Court at the heart of the school, is the oldest of the College buildings.
Steeped in history, it was originally the home of the Seymour family before becoming the Castle Inn. C1 then became the original building of Marlborough College when the school was founded in 1843. C1 is now an all boys house with 55 boys, with 11 boys in each year group.
We are particularly proud of our traditional role at the heart of the School. Our central position is fortunate in terms of easy access to the Norwood Hall, where C1 boys eat all their meals, and the other main facilities of the School.
Request to follow C1 on Twitter
Mr J T W Lane
Resident House Tutor
Mrs E Ross