Beagling

Master in Charge: Mr S M D Dempster

Trail hunting takes place in the Michaelmas and Lent Terms. Trails are laid across the Marlborough Downs, Salisbury Plain and the Pewsey Vale and the day usually ends in a farmhouse where our generous hosts provide an excellent tea.

Beagles at Marlborough

The Marlborough College Beagles were founded in 1952 by two pupils, James Bouskell and Nick Wykes.  In 2005 the hounds were moved from the College to Conholt Park in Hampshire and were re-named the Marlborough and District Beagles. 

In 2007, we merged with the Palmer Milburn pack to become the Palmer Marlborough Beagles and the hounds are now kennelled near Hungerford.