Venues Available

Memorial Hall

The Memorial Hall is the  principal memorial to Marlborough College’s 749 men who gave their lives in World War I. It was opened by H.R.H. The Duke of Connaught on 23rd May 1925.

The hall itself comprises a semi-circular auditorium of stepped seats.

Today, the Memorial Hall is used for musical events, memorials, plays plus much more.

At a glance:

•    Auditorium capacity 560
•    Stage capacity 80

St Michael and All Angels Chapel

The current Chapel was erected in 1886 on the site of the old Chapel (1848 – 1884) and is fashioned in the Late Decorated Gothic style.

The Chapel’s interior is considered to be one of the finest creations in 19th Century church architecture and is used for weddings, memorials, carol services and musical events.

At a glance:

•    Building capacity 732

The Ellis

Officially opened in 2001, The Ellis Theatre forms part of The Hony Centre which is named after Henry Hony, a benefactor of the College.

The Ellis Theatre can be converted into a variety of stage formats for the performance of music or drama or for talks, lectures and conferences.

At a glance:

•    In the Round 416
•    Proscenium only 254
•    Dimensions 19.5m x 12.4m

Norwood Hall

Built in 1959 and named after a previous Master, the whole school and staff eat here every day.

This large modern venue can cater for large events, dinners and functions.

At a glance:

•    850 standing
•    650 seated
•    Dimensions 44m x 20.1m plus stage area 4.9m x 11.15m

The Adderley

Once used as the school’s dining room, then the school library, this beautiful and grand room is now used for dinners, meetings, recitals and lectures.

At a glance:

•    Standing 110
•    Seated 80 (round tables)
•    Lecture style seated 100
•    Dimensions 16.9m x 6.5m

The Smoking Room

The impressive wooden over-mantel in the Smoking Room was moved to C House around 1967 after being discovered in an old residential building on the College site.

The room is now used for council meetings, training and talks.

At a glance:

•    20 seated around a large table
•    Dimensions 10.1m x 6.7m

Common Room Dining Room

Originally built for the sole purpose to serve breakfasts and dinners to Beaks (teachers), the dining room is now used for meetings, dinners and social events.

At a glance:

•    80 standing
•    56 seated
•    Dimensions 12.2m x 7.9m

Cricket Pavilion

Originally completed in 1874, the Cricket pavilion has recently undergone refurbishment and can now host cricket to its full capability as well as social events, meetings and lectures.

At a glance:

•    100 standing
•    30 seated
•    Dimensions 10.9m x 5.5m