Cotton

Cotton is a mixed House, with ten boys in each year group and 12 Sixth Form girls, making 65 in all. In the basement is the dining room where pupils eat breakfast every morning and dine four evenings per week.

Situated five minutes’ walk from Court, Cotton is named after Bishop George Cotton (1852-1858), the second Master of the College, who was eaten by a crocodile in the Ganges. The House was built in 1872 and retains much of the original wood panelling of the time but with extensive modernisation.

Follow on Twitter: @MCol_Cotton