Summerfield

Summerfield dates from 1875 and enjoys a leafy location on Hyde Lane. It was originally built as an extension onto a teacher’s private house to accommodate boarding boys.

It opened as a full boarding house in 1953 and, in 1970, soon after the arrival of Sixth Form girls at Marlborough, became a mixed House. The House has recently been extended to cater for 57 boys and ten upper school girls and enjoys its own catering facilities, as well as extensive gardens with tennis court, appending the House's location next to the playing fields.

Follow Summerfield on Twitter (by request).