Increasingly the core purpose of Chapel and the Chaplaincy is to provide a moment and a place of stillness in the hectic life of a full boarding school.
This is achieved in many ways.
- Principally, by maintaining a building of such magnificence that it very often awes those who encounter it into silence and thoughtfulness
- Equally, by the building being a place of gathering – for some constituency of the College community - most days of the week
- Where music, preaching and liturgy will be of the highest calibre
- And in turn by it being a place where life-affirming services are held and the sacraments of God are celebrated
- A place for spirituality to be explored