Making the most of the Sixth Form
Lower Sixth pupils and their parents were given a comprehensive look at the opportunities available as part of Sixth Form life with an insightful talk on Friday 20th September.
The Master, Louise Moelwyn-Hughes, opened the morning’s event before a keynote speech from Lord Malloch-Brown KCMG PG.
The hour-long presentation included a range of topics on Sixth Form life at Marlborough and beyond, giving pupils and parents a detailed look into the plethora of opportunities available.
Included as part of the event were presentations from:
– John Carroll (Head of Upper Sixth) – an overview of the Sixth Form at Marlborough College, the Life after Marlborough lecture series and identifying ‘super-curricular’ activities
– Guy Nobes (Head of Guidance) – UCAS timeline and trends
– Amanda Woodford (Head of Oxbridge Applications) – an overview of the Oxbridge application process
– Alys Langdale (Head of International University Guidance) – action points for the Lower Sixth and the international university application process
– Julian Hodgson (Head of Lower Sixth) – service opportunities and leadership.
A video of the presentation is available to view here.