Pupils joining the College in September 2022 had a taste of life at Marlborough by taking part in an immersive Experience Day on Sunday 3rd October.
We were delighted to welcome 150 future pupils and their parents to this annual event, which aims to provide a further insight into a wide range of the activities and subjects on offer here at the College.
It was a full and lively day. The future pupils met with subject beaks and took part in a cross-section of classes and workshops, including:
- a campus tour entitled ‘A Message in Every Building’ with Christopher Moule (Head of Academic Scholarship);
- an introduction to Rocket Science with Chris Wheatland (Head of Physics);
- ‘Who am I, and am I really here?’ with Ginny Brown (Philosophy Department);
- an introduction to Art at Marlborough with Edward Twohig (Head of Art);
- reading Chinese characters with Qingwei Li (Head of Mandarin Chinese);
- a drama workshop including improvisation and the use of voice and performance with Maria Sandall (Drama Department);
- a choral music workshop, an introduction to music technology plus instrumental, voice and percussion sessions with various members of the Music Department;
- an introduction to product design with David Madden (Head of Design Technology), with pupils tasked with producing prototypes and using laser cutters to produce a CAD/CAM artefact to take home;
- a welcome to sport at Marlborough, led by Rebe Horton (Director of Sport), including athletic profiling, cricket, hockey, rackets, rugby, squash and tennis taster sessions.
The future pupils who took part in the day were fantastic and threw themselves wholeheartedly into everything on offer. We look forward to welcoming them back to Marlborough in the summer when they will attend house BBQs before joining us as the 2022 Shell.