Welcome to Summerfield Boarding House
Summerfield dates from 1875 and enjoys a leafy location on Hyde Lane. It was originally built as an extension onto a teacher’s private house to accommodate boarding boys.
It opened as a full boarding house in 1953 and, in 1970, soon after the arrival of Sixth Form girls at Marlborough, became a mixed House.
The House has recently undergone complete refurbishment to all areas, including extensive remodelling of dining, studying and social areas on the ground floor. The House caters for 57 boys and ten upper school girls and enjoys its own catering facilities, as well as extensive gardens with tennis court, appending the House’s location next to the playing fields.
Follow Summerfield on Twitter (by request).
Ms J C Isitt
Resident House Tutor
Mrs J Marriott