The Marlborough College Health Club allows access to the superb, eight-lane, 25-metre, deck-level competition swimming pool which is among the best in the south-west of England. The pool has excellent water quality which is primarily disinfected by ultraviolet light, thereby eliminating the need for high chlorine levels.
Friendly, highly qualified and experienced staff are on hand to keep you safe and support your swimming goals. They can provide one-to-one coaching or masterclass sessions for those who wish to improve their technique. Additionally, programmes of swimming sessions are available at poolside.
Health Club membership includes use of the Swimtag system which allows swimmers to monitor and record their swims using a simple wristband. Data can be accessed online to help manage your fitness programme. Swimtag also enables members to take part in individual and team challenges which are held throughout the year. Members are allowed to use training aids – fins, paddles, pull buoys, etc. – and there is a selection available at the club.
- limited membership numbers;
- swimming for £32 per month (plus £15 joining fee);
- flexible payment options (annually or by monthly Direct Debit); and
- 10% discount on all swimming-related products at Crosby & Lawrence.
|Monday||7.30am – 8.30am|
|Tuesday||7.30am – 8.30am||12.00pm – 1.30pm||5.45pm – 6.45pm|
|Wednesday||7.30am – 8.30am||12.00pm – 1.30pm||5.45pm – 6.45pm|
|Thursday||7.30am – 8.30am||12.00pm – 1.30pm||5.45pm – 6.45pm|
|Friday||7.30am – 8.30am|
|Saturday||7.30am – 8.30am|
|Sunday||8.00am – 10.00am|
- All swim sessions must be pre-booked in half-hour slots using our online booking system.
- The Wednesday lunchtime swim would normally have the pool barrier raised. However, under our current COVID-19 restrictions and in order to maximise pool use, the barrier will remain down and will be reviewed throughout the Lent Term.
- The above times are for pool access. Changing rooms are available 10 minutes before and after these times although members are encouraged to come ‘swim-ready’, bring all belongings onto poolside, and spend minimal time changing before and after your swim.
- Swimmers arriving late for a pre-booked swim may find the changing rooms locked and may be denied access. As a protective measure, this restriction allows for an orderly and safe transition between pre-booked swim groups.
- Please see our COVID-19 protocols showing the flow process through the facility; we currently follow a strict one-way system.
Programme Changes/Dates for Your Diary
Session times may be adjusted when the pool is being used by external organisations or when additional sessions have been made available for Health Club members. Any such changes will be communicated to members by email and listed below. Please check prior to attending.
The swimming pool will be closed during bank holidays that occur outside Marlborough College term time.
Martin Shaw – Swimming Pool Manager
ASA Level 2 teacher; an experienced coach with an eye for stroke development and improvement. Full First Aid, AED and Pool Lifeguard qualified, and holder of a Pool Plant Operator Certificate.
Andy Hicks – Senior Lifeguard
ASA Level 2 teacher; coach for the College swimming and Wiltshire county water polo teams; player with the Swindon water polo team. AED and Pool Lifeguard qualified.
Keith Donkin – Senior Lifeguard
UKA Level 3 middle-distance, road running and cross country coach. UKA Jumps Coach, strength and conditioning qualified. Fitness and personal trainer; Pool Lifeguard qualified.
Ian Scott – Senior Lifeguard
Competitor for GB (age group) at triathlon. First Aid, AED and Pool Lifeguard qualified.
Keith Bradshaw – Senior Lifeguard
BTF Level 3 triathlon coach, fitness and personal trainer; regular competitor for GB (age group) at triathlon and aquathlon. First Aid, AED and Pool Lifeguard qualified.
Virginia Hemery – Lifeguard
Phil Hobbs – Lifeguard
Sarah Hobbs – Lifeguard
Dylan Jimenez – Lifeguard
Eddie Marriott – Lifeguard
Connie Grove – Domestic Services Full First Aid & AED qualified