In addition to offering a number of world-class sporting facilities to hire, we also provide free parking, recommended suppliers to suit all budgets and an experienced and dedicated team to ensure your event runs smoothly.
For information about the hiring of College sports facilities please contact:
Tel: 07981 916665
Set directly below the white horse on Granham Hill, Marlborough has one of the most beautifully situated all-weather tracks in the country.
The track is serviced by:
- Athletics pavilion – refurbished in 2017 and 2020;
- Two changing rooms (with showers and toilet facilities).
A stunning blue hybrid surface, located at the base of a slope leading up to the Hamersley rugby pitch, makes for quite a setting.
At a Glance:
- Two pitches (Maples and Milford) – fully floodlit with bespoke dug-outs;
- Maples – used mainly for hockey with an electronic scoreboard servicing the pitch;
- Milford – used for hockey, but also available for football, rugby and tennis;
- Milford pavilion – two changing rooms (no shower facilities), and a central meeting area.
The 1st XI cricket ground is widely known as one of the most beautiful school grounds in the country. It is prepared, maintained and developed to the highest standards which makes for a superb playing surface. There are seven more cricket grounds and 14 artificial cricket nets on site. These pitches and nets are available from mid-April to mid-August. In addition there are two pavilions:
- XI Pavilion – this pavilion has recently been beautifully and skilfully restored to provide first-class hospitality to visiting teams and guests. Amenities include two changing rooms (with showers), a large kitchen area servicing the central function room, two viewing balconies, two small rooms and disability access.
- LB Pavilion – upfield from the XI pavilion, the LB comprises two levels, each made up of two changing rooms (with showers) and a central meeting area which contains a small kitchen and toilet facilities.
Football and Lacrosse Pitches
The 1st XI football pitch is located in the centre of the athletics track and the main lacrosse pitch can be found either behind Mill Mead boarding house or on Hamersley, depending on the time of year.
As with all College pitches, the playing surfaces are excellent. For each discipline, there are four pitches available from early September to mid-December, and seven from early January to mid-March.
A fantastic elite training tool, pioneered in collaboration with Great Britain Cycling. Versatile enough to test elite athletes and beginners alike, and powerful enough to deliver the most insightful data to coaches, pupils and teams. We utilise Wattbikes within our strength and conditioning programme to aid athletic development, track fitness levels and offer cycling sessions for a number of pupils.
Human Movement Studio
Rackets has been played at the College for over 120 years. The complex includes:
- two courts with playing surfaces recognised as among the best in the country;
- a viewing gallery.
The Fives courts were originally gifted to the College by the Martineau family in 1929. The complex is one of a few to include facilities for more than one version of the game:
- Four heated Rugby Fives courts;
- Two Eton Fives courts.
A vibrant space made up of:
- four squash courts which are heated and regularly renovated (most recently in 2015);
- a viewing gallery;
- a small gym located next to the match court, offering various cardiovascular, free weights and core conditioning equipment (a useful space to complement the main gym); and
- two changing rooms (with showers).
Heading upfield from the AstroTurf pitches, the main College pitch, Hamersley, provides one of the finest school rugby venues in the country. It is located in a truly picturesque setting, overlooking much of the College, Marlborough town and the surrounding countryside. There are a further ten pitches stretching up the hill to Wedgwood.
The quality of playing surface, not only on Hamersley but on all the College pitches, is exceptional, and the surrounds are second to none. These pitches are available from early September to mid-December.
The Sports Hall was opened in 1989 and comprises the following facilities:
- Classroom – a substantial space ideal for presentations, group training, video analysis and group discussion, supported by a projector/screen, Wi-Fi and 13 PCs;
- Fencing Salle – as well as two fencing lanes, the Salle is equipped with a full-body mirror (7m) and dance rails, allowing this area to double as a venue for group classes such as dance, aerobics, yoga and martial arts;
- Hall – a multi-faceted facility including a five-lane indoor cricket net (with roll-out mats, two bowling machines and accessories), a full-size basketball court, two cross-width basketball courts, a netball court, four badminton courts, a tennis court and portable five-a-side football and indoor hockey goals. There is also an extensive upstairs viewing gallery;
- Four changing rooms (with showers).
Tennis and Netball Courts
The College has 13 hard tennis courts located below the athletics track, serviced by the athletics pavilion and changing rooms/toilets. These are functional from mid-April to mid-December. For the remainder of the year, they are converted into eight hard netball courts.
During the summer months (mid-April to early August) there are also 12 all-weather tennis courts situated on the Milford AstroTurf. The Sports Hall houses one tennis and one netball court.