The College provides transport for pupils at:
• the start and end of every half-term, and at the end of the Lent, Summer and Michaelmas Term
• the start and end of every exeat weekend
• at the end of term
Note: there is NO College transport provided at the start of the Michaelmas, Lent or Summer Term.
Taxis: Parents can book taxis direct with the following taxi firms whom we know and have DBS checked and approved:
ABC Airport transfers: 07738 195805 email@example.com
Aldbourne taxis: 07977 059991 firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrow taxis: 01672 515567 email@example.com
Beesting taxis: 07939 008199 firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Airport transfers (24hr): 01793 915075 email@example.com
KL Chauffeurs: 07773 774477 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marlborough taxis: 01672 512786 email@example.com
PD taxis: 01672 511884 firstname.lastname@example.org
The College will help families with taxi arrangements for destinations that are not available on the College transport list (a full list of destinations are listed on page 22 of the College Almanac), but any arrangement is ultimately between the taxi firm and the family.
Changes or cancellations to bookings outside of term time will need to be made directly with the taxi company as the College Travel Office is closed at these times.
HOW TO BOOK:
All outward and return transport booking requests need to be received by the College Transport Office a week in advance; the office cannot guarantee places received after midday on the Wednesday before the start of an Exeat or holiday.
Pupils may request a place on the College transport in House by signing up for a place on the Travel Booking Form which is issued to each Boarding House two weeks before departure. Alternatively, parents can request a seat through the College Travel Office. (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm term time only) on 01672 892422 or email email@example.com
Due to the limited availability of taxis in the Marlborough area, all outward and return taxi requests are to be submitted a minimum of two weeks before the day of travel during term time. The College Travel Office is unable to process any requests for independent taxi bookings after midday on the Monday before the start of an exeat or holiday – parents can also directly request a taxi with the taxi companies detailed above. The charges can be added to the pupil account.
• any cancellations or no shows will incur a charge as per our Travel Cancellation Policy
• college transport may be a coach, mini bus or taxi depending upon the number of bookings received
• college transport will only wait 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time and missing pupils will not be called
• a destination will be cancelled if the number of pupils booked is fewer than three
• all places need to be pre-booked, please do not arrive without a prior booking
• the London coaches all have a Supervisor on board
• where possible we will always try to share taxis with other pupils to keep costs low, unless a dedicated taxi is requested
For more information, including a full list of destinations that the College transport runs to and from, the pick-up/drop-off points and timings, please refer to pages 21-23 of the Almanac or contact the Travel Office.
Our Security Team hold all information relating to travel over the holiday period or Exeat and they can be contacted 24hrs a day on 01672 892201/07974 478141.