1978 HRH Princess Anne
HRH Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips (C3 1962-66) were invited to visit the College on 24th October 1978 for an extensive tour. Their official route can be seen in the programme for the day. It included boarding houses, the major buildings and displays of Art, Drama, Science, PE, OA and games as well as the early use of computers in Leaf Block and the printing press.
Following in the footsteps of Princess Anne’s grandparents in 1948 the couple also signed the record book in Chapel. The visit culminated in the planting of a red oak tree on Leaf Block Lawn followed by tea for 50 guests in the Master’s Lodge. The Marlburian of 1978 provided an entertaining review of the visit.