2018 HRH Princess Eugenie
HRH Princess Eugenie officially re-opened the Memorial Hall on 28th June 2018 after a major fundraising campaign to refurbish the interior and create a world-class orchestral hall with an adjustable acoustic. It was originally dedicated on 23rd May 1925 by HRH The Duke of Connaught as a war memorial to the 749 Marlburians who died in the First World War.
Princess Eugenie attended the College as a pupil between 2003-08. Her tour of the College included a visit to the Art School where she studied Art for A level and her former Boarding House, Mill Mead. She met her Housemistress Mrs Horton (CR 2003 – ) and enjoyed tea with current staff and pupils before unveiling a plaque on the stage of the Memorial Hall.